Archive for EisPiraten.com San Gabriel Mountains Forum
 


       EisPiraten.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
outwhere

Now that's a GREAT 'tree house' !!!

Looks like this was posted on summitpost.org back in 2010 - apparently this cabin is in my all time favorite GSM location Ice House Canyon...

Too too cool !!

Breabonnie

Tree house

Hmmm, I don't know, that house looks like it was impaled.  

I wonder how the house can grow with the tree trunks as they widen...probably will ruin house roof and floor right?  I have seen some incredible high up tree houses that are rentals in other states.  The idea is actually very cool indeed.  But I have no idea how they allow room for growth ...
RichardK

cabin

I wish I was that good with Photoshop.
Pat

Hard to miss that cabin, it's right off the trail.
Terry Morse

Re: cabin

RichardK wrote:
I wish I was that good with Photoshop.


Are you saying that you think this is not a real photo?
outwhere

Re: cabin

Terry Morse wrote:
RichardK wrote:
I wish I was that good with Photoshop.


Are you saying that you think this is not a real photo?


Please... say it ain't............................ photo shop  Crying or Very sad
Pat

Re: cabin

outwhere wrote:
Terry Morse wrote:
RichardK wrote:
I wish I was that good with Photoshop.


Are you saying that you think this is not a real photo?


Please... say it ain't............................ photo shop  Crying or Very sad


It's not.
One among many, from '07:

outwhere

Re: Now that's a GREAT 'tree house' !!!

Nice - it's really real then !!!  Have to admit - the bottom half of the tree on the far right had me thinking this could have been a photo-CHOPPED bag of tricks...

Now of course I'm begging someone has some interior shots to post one day - love to see what's going on inside around those trees !!

outwhere wrote:
Looks like this was posted on summitpost.org back in 2010 - apparently this cabin is in my all time favorite GSM location Ice House Canyon...

Too too cool !!

fortified

Their is a way to work around the growing problem. Before the growing, winds, and movement would be a problem as well. Build the structure bit away... a foot or two from the trunk. You could have a cone around the trunk giving it space to grow into the cone, without touching the cabin. For more authenticity, you can put a faux roof around the opening on top, the ceiling, and such. In other words build the cabin away from the tree, completely independent from it. And besides... do you really want every single bug, and crawling thing that can climb a tree to be in your cabin?
       EisPiraten.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
Page 1 of 1